Just as whether you refer to your “sofa” as a “couch” or “lounge”, your choice of material be it leather or fabric should reflect your lifestyle and needs. For example, you may love expensive silk fabrics, but if you have little children or pets, this may not be ideal due to its limited durability and can be only professionally cleaned if soiled. Similarly, you may love the look of leather but hate the way it feels. As such, when it comes to choosing the right fabrics, there are a few things you need to consider.
Below is a comparison of leather and fabric, which are two of the most popular material choices due to their durability and somewhat easy to clean nature.
PRO of leather sofas:
- Easy to clean – could be damp wiped or gently vacuumed
- Style: classy and timely piece
- Longevity: becomes softer and more comfortable over time
CON of leather sofas:
- Expensive in comparison to other fabric choices such cotton
- Could be easily cut or scrapped by everyday objects such as belts and keys
- Tends to feel sticky in hot or humid weather
- High repair cost if damaged
PRO of fabric sofas:
- Soft and durable
- Comes in a variety of colours and textures
- When blended with other natural fibres or synthetics it is a sturdy upholstery solution
CON of fabric sofas:
- Shorter lifespan in comparison to other fabric choices such as synthetics
- Not stain resistant
- Prone to damages and wrinkling
- Tends to trap dirt, which over time could cause a smell
- Highly absorbent
- Highly flammable
At Desired Living, we offer a broad range of full customisable leather and fabric sofas which are created to inspire you, and provide you and your family with everyday comforts.
To view our collection of beautiful luxurious leather and fabric sofas, visit: desiredliving.com.au or Call us now on (02) 9882 1981 for us to walk you through which sofa is for you?
Our showroom is located at 61 Alleyne Street, Chatswood 2071 – why not come in to feel and experience our collection of leather sofas!